Since its inception in 2011, the Global Youth Innovation Network (GYIN) has been tirelessly pursuing its mission of becoming an effective networking, mentorship, knowledge sharing, and collaboration platform for young entrepreneurs. Based on feedback from a multitude of beneficiaries and GYIN’s desire to capitalize on the innovative idea to become financially sustainable, we recognized the need to provide a continuous “space” where young entrepreneurs can:
- Raise capital through investment or crowdfunding,
- Receive expert advice and feedback from a pool of industry experts,
- Connect with like-minded entrepreneurs,
- Find world-class mentors and partners, and
- Gain access to new technologies.
Thus, GYIN developed the Global Youth Business Incubator (GYBI), which includes:
1. An online application to be used by Entrepreneurs, Investors, and Supporters as a business incubation platform.
2. A mobile application that will have a subset of the online features to monitor progress, to communicate with stakeholders, and to receive updated news and notifications instantaneously.
The purpose of GYBI is to enhance the current process of raising startup capital, growing a business, interacting with industry experts, acquiring new knowledge, and sharing success stories. This web and mobile application will connect young entrepreneurs with the right investors to secure flexible funding, investors with a catalog of investment opportunities, and supporters with passionate entrepreneurs. GYBI supports GYIN youth industries such as:
- Agri-Business (Hunger Fighters)
- IT and Technology (Business Innovators)
- Service Entrepreneurship (Agents of Change)
- Social Entrepreneurship (Community Leaders)
To learn more about GYBI visit www.gybi.org